- The biggest problems facing small businesses today
- Eurozone break-up looking more likely
- IoD to host prestigious think tank awards – invitation to members
- Does your company pension scheme meet auto enrolment requirements?
- Change is needed for employment tribunals
- When is a director really a director?
- Good business is about making the right decision, not the popular one
- Auto Enrolment "opt outs" – Are you being fair to all concerned?
The IoD on Twitter
Category Archives: General
George Osborne delivered his Autumn Statement on Thursday, stating that the UK’s growth is now more rapid than that of any other major economy – “Britain’s economic plan is working but the job is not done,” he said.
In his address to the recent Africa Rising conference in Mauritius, IoD Director General Simon Walker urged business leaders to lead by example and embrace transparency in their ventures on the continent – a path, he says, which can lead to a brighter, more sustainable future for all. Here’s an extract from his speech…
The IoD’s Director General asks why politicians who are commercially successful in business are criticised
Picture the House of Lords: entrepreneurial is probably not the first word that comes to mind, but a number of notable business figures do contribute from the red benches, writes Lord Bilimoria, the founder and chairman of Cobra Beer in an exclusive blog…
A family history of working in essential oils was the spark behind two women’s decision to start their own successful brand of luxury home fragrances. Kim Lewis and her niece Emily launched London-based Mila Fragrance’s first two scents in late 2012, trading online as well as striking deals with stockists in high-end boutiques in London and the south east.
When you’re working hard to launch your own company, receiving any kind of criticism can be the last thing you want to hear. But while having your product’s flaws pointed out to you can make you feel like throwing in the towel, honest feedback can also give you the help you need to turn your product into the success you want it to be.