- The biggest problems facing small businesses today
- Eurozone break-up looking more likely
- When is a director really a director?
- Five tips for driving more traffic to your website
- Many salespeople’s big dilemma – ‘Do I reconfirm the appointment or just turn up?’
- Raising your business profile in 2012
- New parental leave rules – what impact will they have on your business?
- Seven mistakes SMEs make with the media
The IoD on Twitter
Category Archives: General
The government recently unveiled plans for new statutory rules on parental leave that will come into force from April 2015. But what will they mean for your workplace? Julian Cox, partner and employment lawyer at Fletcher Day, explains the main considerations
The Financial Services Consumer Panel has published a paper on the annuity market in the UK, and it does not make comfortable reading. Buying an annuity is the way that most people convert their Defined Contribution (DC) pension fund into a regular income when they retire.
Rob Hill, founder of events company Eventa Group (formerly the Original Stag Company), set up his firm in 2004 after spotting a gap in the market for a business providing stag weekends. Here, he explains how he started and overcame barriers to growth, and why now is the best time to launch a business…
A board without women is anachronistic, said Herman Van Rompuy at the launch of a major new European initiative to get more women on boards.
George Osborne delivered his Autumn Statement on Thursday, stating that the UK’s growth is now more rapid than that of any other major economy – “Britain’s economic plan is working but the job is not done,” he said.
In his address to the recent Africa Rising conference in Mauritius, IoD Director General Simon Walker urged business leaders to lead by example and embrace transparency in their ventures on the continent – a path, he says, which can lead to a brighter, more sustainable future for all. Here’s an extract from his speech…