- The biggest problems facing small businesses today
- Eurozone break-up looking more likely
- IoD to host prestigious think tank awards – invitation to members
- Does your company pension scheme meet auto enrolment requirements?
- Change is needed for employment tribunals
- When is a director really a director?
- Good business is about making the right decision, not the popular one
- Auto Enrolment "opt outs" – Are you being fair to all concerned?
The IoD on Twitter
Category Archives: General
Late last month, the Pensions Regulator issued a “Registration Report” for the first time, which it will issue on a monthly basis going forward.
Now that the dust is starting to settle on last week’s momentous budget announcements, we can start assembling the pieces where unintended consequences seem likely, where promises made can’t in all probability be kept, or where the assessment of the likelihood of a situation obtaining seems just plain wrong.
I am not a subscriber to the ‘blame game’. I hear too many salespeople blaming other individuals or departments within the organisation or blaming the quality of their product or service for their lack of sales. The expressions I so often hear are ‘if X did this’, or ‘X did not do this’ or ‘if our product did that’ etc., ‘we’d be able to sell a lot more’. My response to this is often my favourite question: So what are you going to do about this?
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is currently investigating the retirement income markets. This is probably overdue. It’s been clear for some time that consumers too often go with inertia, buying the annuity they are offered by their pension provider, without “shopping around”.
Design can strengthen a company’s brand and is a vital differentiator for businesses, according to new research from Warwick Business School and the Design Council.
Media opportunities don’t come round very often for SMEs, at least not when compared with large organisations. But when they do, their leaders are often unprepared and therefore unable to make the most of them.