- The biggest problems facing small businesses today
- Eurozone break-up looking more likely
- The vision that is Jaguar
- When is a director really a director?
- Change is needed for employment tribunals
- Auto Enrolment "opt outs" – Are you being fair to all concerned?
- Does your company pension scheme meet auto enrolment requirements?
- IoD to host prestigious think tank awards – invitation to members
The IoD on Twitter
Author Archives: The IoD
A board without women is anachronistic, said Herman Van Rompuy at the launch of a major new European initiative to get more women on boards.
George Osborne delivered his Autumn Statement on Thursday, stating that the UK’s growth is now more rapid than that of any other major economy – “Britain’s economic plan is working but the job is not done,” he said.
In his address to the recent Africa Rising conference in Mauritius, IoD Director General Simon Walker urged business leaders to lead by example and embrace transparency in their ventures on the continent – a path, he says, which can lead to a brighter, more sustainable future for all. Here’s an extract from his speech…
The IoD’s Director General asks why politicians who are commercially successful in business are criticised
Picture the House of Lords: entrepreneurial is probably not the first word that comes to mind, but a number of notable business figures do contribute from the red benches, writes Lord Bilimoria, the founder and chairman of Cobra Beer in an exclusive blog…
A family history of working in essential oils was the spark behind two women’s decision to start their own successful brand of luxury home fragrances. Kim Lewis and her niece Emily launched London-based Mila Fragrance’s first two scents in late 2012, trading online as well as striking deals with stockists in high-end boutiques in London and the south east.