- The biggest problems facing small businesses today
- Eurozone break-up looking more likely
- When is a director really a director?
- Standing on the shoulders of (business) giants: lessons from the old economy
- Change is needed for employment tribunals
- Simon Walker on the Annual Convention: 1950-2014
- Does your company pension scheme meet auto enrolment requirements?
- Celebrating Game Changers
The IoD on Twitter
Author Archives: The IoD
Rob Hill, founder of events company Eventa Group (formerly the Original Stag Company), set up his firm in 2004 after spotting a gap in the market for a business providing stag weekends. Here, he explains how he started and overcame barriers to growth, and why now is the best time to launch a business…
A board without women is anachronistic, said Herman Van Rompuy at the launch of a major new European initiative to get more women on boards.
George Osborne delivered his Autumn Statement on Thursday, stating that the UK’s growth is now more rapid than that of any other major economy – “Britain’s economic plan is working but the job is not done,” he said.
In his address to the recent Africa Rising conference in Mauritius, IoD Director General Simon Walker urged business leaders to lead by example and embrace transparency in their ventures on the continent – a path, he says, which can lead to a brighter, more sustainable future for all. Here’s an extract from his speech…
The IoD’s Director General asks why politicians who are commercially successful in business are criticised
Picture the House of Lords: entrepreneurial is probably not the first word that comes to mind, but a number of notable business figures do contribute from the red benches, writes Lord Bilimoria, the founder and chairman of Cobra Beer in an exclusive blog…