- The biggest problems facing small businesses today
- Eurozone break-up looking more likely
- When is a director really a director?
- How do businesses founded during the recession differ from those that started up ahead of the economic downturn?
- Young Directors' Forums – Representing Tomorrow's Leaders Today
- Ready for ageing? Be very afraid
- Yes, the UK will need a spaceport
- Pensionable Pay and Auto Enrolment
The IoD on Twitter
Author Archives: Jonathan Oxley
The news that CPI inflation has risen to 5.2% comes as no surprise.
Even though such news was likely and the target inflation rate is a mere 2%, the Bank of England MPC still decided to pump a further £75bn of quantitative easing into the system in October. They are clearly taking the view that the economy is too fragile to risk increasing interest rates, which would be the usual response to rising inflation. Read More »