- Eurozone break-up looking more likely
- The biggest problems facing small businesses today
- When is a director really a director?
- Default Retirement Age Debate Obscures Wider Debate on Dismissal
- Good business is about making the right decision, not the popular one
- Ready for ageing? Be very afraid
- Why design is crucial to business success
- Young Directors' Forums – Representing Tomorrow's Leaders Today
The IoD on Twitter
Author Archives: Jonathan Oxley
The news that CPI inflation has risen to 5.2% comes as no surprise.
Even though such news was likely and the target inflation rate is a mere 2%, the Bank of England MPC still decided to pump a further £75bn of quantitative easing into the system in October. They are clearly taking the view that the economy is too fragile to risk increasing interest rates, which would be the usual response to rising inflation. Read More »