- Eurozone break-up looking more likely
- The biggest problems facing small businesses today
- Drowning in Debt?
- Rt Hon George Osborne MP Chancellor of the Exchequer – Annual Convention 2011
- Many salespeople’s big dilemma – ‘Do I reconfirm the appointment or just turn up?’
- Young Directors' Forums – Representing Tomorrow's Leaders Today
- Miles' comment on Ed Miliband's party conference speech
- Why business leaders, not politicians, should lead on workplace skills
The IoD on Twitter
Author Archives: Jonathan Oxley
The news that CPI inflation has risen to 5.2% comes as no surprise.
Even though such news was likely and the target inflation rate is a mere 2%, the Bank of England MPC still decided to pump a further £75bn of quantitative easing into the system in October. They are clearly taking the view that the economy is too fragile to risk increasing interest rates, which would be the usual response to rising inflation. Read More »