- Eurozone break-up looking more likely
- The biggest problems facing small businesses today
- Do you know if mental ill-health is affecting your business?
- When is a director really a director?
- Is employee ownership an option for your business?
- Young Directors' Forums – Representing Tomorrow's Leaders Today
- Transfers from defined benefit pension schemes – the aspiration and the reality
- Why design is crucial to business success
The IoD on Twitter
Author Archives: Jonathan Oxley
The news that CPI inflation has risen to 5.2% comes as no surprise.
Even though such news was likely and the target inflation rate is a mere 2%, the Bank of England MPC still decided to pump a further £75bn of quantitative easing into the system in October. They are clearly taking the view that the economy is too fragile to risk increasing interest rates, which would be the usual response to rising inflation. Read More »