- The biggest problems facing small businesses today
- When is a director really a director?
- Pensionable Pay and Auto Enrolment
- How do your Zero Hours Staff fare with Auto Enrolment?
- Contact Us
- Knowing when to leave the Casino – Timing Your Exit
- Many salespeople’s big dilemma – ‘Do I reconfirm the appointment or just turn up?’
- About Us
The IoD on Twitter
Author Archives: Anna Burmajster
I have just seen a new set of statistics published by the Cabinet Office showing a sharp rise in volunteering. Volunteering can take many forms, be it fundraising for Battersea Dogs Home, being a school governor or a charity trustee. There is a lot to be said for doing any kind of volunteering or donating to a charity. Every volunteer will have their own motive and a story to tell. From my personal point of view, I am very fortunate in that I have a fulfilled life, good health, loving family, wonderful friends, a good job and great colleagues. I … Read More »
My friend decided to start her own business. Brave woman! Apparently, the UK has a milder regime than many other countries, when it comes to launching a business. However, there is still a huge amount of red tape, and there is no sign of its reduction, judging by the new spate of regulations coming out on the 1st of April. Did I imagine things, or was there a plan to take away an existing piece of legislation before introducing a new one? I’m currently re-reading ‘My Life and Work’ by Henry Ford, who said something about governments trying to regulate … Read More »