- The biggest problems facing small businesses today
- Eurozone break-up looking more likely
- When is a director really a director?
- The question of airport expansion
- Four skills every entrepreneur needs…
- Simon Walker on the Annual Convention: 1950-2014
- Good business is about making the right decision, not the popular one
- Is employee ownership an option for your business?
The IoD on Twitter
Author Archives: Alexander Ehmann
Today, the Prime Minister, Gordon Brown visited Her Majesty the Queen and asked Parliament to be dissolved in advance of a General Election on May 6th. Though such an announcement would normally be cause for much commentary, the normal excitement and speculation associated with the calling of an election seems to have given way to a less edifying sense of relief from many. Over the last few months, a high number of IoD members have been only too clear with me of their desire to see an election called promptly. For many of them, today will deliver a sense of … Read More »
Some might say last night’s Chancellor debate was a non-event or even a bit of a damp squib. It certainly wasn’t ‘must see tv’ but I was intrigued by the way the dialogue seemed to be much more about consensus than debate. Consensus on the need to make significant spending cuts, consensus on reform of public sector pensions, consensus on a need to get the banks lending to businesses.