In the run up to the General Election we have published a Business Manifesto. In it we argue that a new government needs to have a bold programme over the next parliament to restore the UK’s competitiveness. It is also vital that a new government acts decisively and early to address the UK’s immediate challenges. Measures, such as an emergency budget, a school reform bill and regulatory caps across all departments, in the first 100 days of a new government would show that the UK was serious about remaining competitive, addressing its fiscal situation, and creating a skilled workforce in the long run.
- The biggest problems facing small businesses today
- Eurozone break-up looking more likely
- When is a director really a director?
- Good business is about making the right decision, not the popular one
- Is employee ownership an option for your business?
- Young Directors' Forums – Representing Tomorrow's Leaders Today
- Ready for ageing? Be very afraid
- The future for business banking?
The IoD on Twitter