In the run up to the General Election we have published a Business Manifesto. In it we argue that a new government needs to have a bold programme over the next parliament to restore the UK’s competitiveness. It is also vital that a new government acts decisively and early to address the UK’s immediate challenges. Measures, such as an emergency budget, a school reform bill and regulatory caps across all departments, in the first 100 days of a new government would show that the UK was serious about remaining competitive, addressing its fiscal situation, and creating a skilled workforce in the long run.
- The biggest problems facing small businesses today
- When is a director really a director?
- Eurozone break-up looking more likely
- Four skills every entrepreneur needs…
- Good business is about making the right decision, not the popular one
- Simon Walker on the Annual Convention: 1950-2014
- The question of airport expansion
- Do you know if mental ill-health is affecting your business?
The IoD on Twitter