In the run up to the General Election we have published a Business Manifesto. In it we argue that a new government needs to have a bold programme over the next parliament to restore the UK’s competitiveness. It is also vital that a new government acts decisively and early to address the UK’s immediate challenges. Measures, such as an emergency budget, a school reform bill and regulatory caps across all departments, in the first 100 days of a new government would show that the UK was serious about remaining competitive, addressing its fiscal situation, and creating a skilled workforce in the long run.
- The biggest problems facing small businesses today
- Eurozone break-up looking more likely
- The vision that is Jaguar
- When is a director really a director?
- Change is needed for employment tribunals
- Auto Enrolment "opt outs" – Are you being fair to all concerned?
- Does your company pension scheme meet auto enrolment requirements?
- IoD to host prestigious think tank awards – invitation to members
The IoD on Twitter